Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wheat, yogurt, egg....

Default Re: wheat, yogurt, egg....

On the cheese questions. We started with string cheese of course! Mozzerella is make from skim milk and has lower sodium than regular cheese. We started giving him mild cheddar after his 1st B-day. He like that shredded...we give him halves of the string cheese and break into quarters so he can pick it up and at himself...

Way too lazy for formula

thanks! i never even thought of shredding it!!
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

just wanted to let you guys know that my pedi (not that i take their word as gods or anything) said to go ahead with everything....even cows milk she said soften the wheat toast with butter..... she said put his cheerios in milk..... egg whites and yolks are fine..... just stay away from peanut butter and honey.... she said wait till a year for dairy is the way they 'used' to do it.... now, as long as a baby is 20lbs (which mine isnt, hes only 18.1) they should have milk..... so strange all the conflicting info out there
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Hey BlessedBee...I'm really curious how old your ped is? I thought mine was pretty young...in her mid-thirties I would guess, and she's in the "wait until 12 mos. to give milk, and then only give whole milk" group. The reason I ask, is that I always assumed that the way they "used to do it" was give cow's milk instead of formula at 6 mos., which is what my doc. told my mom when I was 6 mos. old...back then they even suggested like 1 or 2 %, so who knows about MY brain development, LOL. I'm 32 by the way.

So anyway, I think I'll feel really old if they've gone from giving cow's milk at 6 mos. to waiting longer than a year, and back to giving cow's milk before age one...

i think she is in her mid 30s....i think its really odd that with all the research i do on stuff pertaining to my ds ive never come across that advise......i have come across people who do it.....but no 'evidence' that it should be done or that its the 'new way' but they actually give a handout for the 9-12 mo old that says as soon as your baby is 20lbs start them on milk as long as they are getting '24oz of formula or bm a day'

I know this thread is from January; but I'm just now reading due to ds turning 6months and getting going on soilds.
    My pedi is also in her 30's probably and she told me I could give ds anything but egg whites; milk; nuts; honey.
    So I'm just going with my instincts on it. Hopefully their good insticts.
    Breastfed for 20months

There is a special wheat which doesn't have glyutane as the others. It's called dinkel and i buy it form organic shops. It's supposed to be more light than the other wheat products and you can make anything by this.

we did good with everything before a year (didnt do honey, pb though) and i waited (kind of still am because i feel like whats the point) on milk....but yogurt, cottage cheese....cheese....wheat and the whole egg...he loved it all before a year.