Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek not working

Default Fenugreek not working

DD is about 26 months old. And LOVES to have "boobieya"! In the last few days my milk supply has gone from low, to hardly anything at all. Maybe 1oz out of 2-3 pumping sessions. My period is do in about 5 days so it is not abnormal to get a decrease in supply, but never anything this low! Also I have been taking the Fenugreek (which usually works), and nothing is happening. I don't even smell maple, I ususally do. I am taking 12-16 a day with no reaction. Maybe I have built up tollerence to it. And to top it all of I AM JUST exhausted.
    I don't want our beautiful nursing relationship to end, until she is ready. This is breaking my heart!

Default Re: Fenugreek not working

Is there any chance you might be pregnant?

yup that would be my guess too...
    I think that its possiable to take too much fenugreek..
    I'll look it up.

maybe you just got a dud bottle of pills?
    if you don't smell the maple like you did before

Well I hope that I am not pregnant, because I have been taking the Fenugreek, I'm gonna go pick up a test now, cause you got me thinking. We do use condoms, but they are not the latex kind, ( I am very allergic), and are not as good.

About the bottle being a dud, I used pills out of this bottle before, and they did the trick.

Be back in about an hour, after I pee on a stick. Period is due on Sunday, is today too soon?

One of the test 4 day sooner ones is negative. so Maybe my body is just being stubborn!

How old is the bottle of fenugreek? Maybe it loses potency after awhile???

It is a few months old. On the bottom of the bottle is says it expires in 2011. You know what...I did leave it in my cooler bag and put the bag into the fridge. Wonder if the cold did a number on the strength of the pills?