Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any herbs to help increase milk supply??

Default Any herbs to help increase milk supply??

I have a diminishing milk supply and have been on Reglan and Fenugreek for over a week now and I don't notice much increase. Is there anything else that you have tried or know of that is supposed to increase milk supply? If so, what is it and how much should I take?

Default Re: Any herbs to help increase milk supply??

Fennel tea is what I've heard, haven't tried it myself. I bet someone else knows more. hth

I tried those with little success also. I am now on Domperidone. It has been the miracle drug for me. It took a couple weeks but now things are great. I am not sure how you would get it though. I'm Canadian and here we can get a prescription for it. Maybe someone else can help you more with herbs if you want to stay that way.

Hi, I don't know if you are game to try some foods that have helped increase my milk within hours:
    1. Fresh young coconut (the coconut flesh as well as the drink)
    2. Papaya soup - A young papaya is best. Clean out the seeds, skin it, cut into chunks, and put into a pot of water with any meat of your choice. Bring to boil and then simmer till you get a fragrant clear broth (a couple hours). Add salt to season.
    3. Oats - in any form (cereal, cookies, oatmeal, etc)
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

is the baby nursing at your breast?
    thats the best way to increase supply...
    nurse more often.