Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: replacing Avent ISIS pump valves

Default replacing Avent ISIS pump valves

Hi folks -- just thought I'd let you know that if you're using the AVent ISIS manual pump and you wear through the 3 little white valves that they include in the box (as I did), I've found out how to get more. Just call the Avent customer service line, explain your problem and they will send you 3 more valves for free. They can't be purchased anywhere -- seems like Avent just decided to mail them to anyone who complains. I actually bought a second pump the first time my valves wore out because it was an emergency and I need to pump urgently the next day and I couldn't find valves to buy. Then I wore through the valves on my second pump and decided to call Avent. They weren't at all surprised, it seemed kind of routine. Just thought I'd let you know in case you're in a similar situation.

Annie

Default Re: replacing Avent ISIS pump valves

I did this too.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Just to let you know, Avents newest pump (IQ UNO) uses a new (and imo, better) valve that is compatable with the Isis. I purchased mine at Toy's R Us and got 6 or 8 valves for $8. Obviously the better deal is to get the star-shaped ones free from avent, but if you're really stuck, it's a good option!

Oh, that's terrific, thanks for the tip! How do you like the new pump?

Annie

I don't actually have the IQ, I use the Isis. I was just at Toys R Us one day and came across the IQ valves that said they were compatable with every avent pump. I couldn't stand the little star ones - mid pump it would dislodge all the time. So far, no problems with the new ones

Yes, I HATE that when it happens. Usually I take it as a sign that the valve is wearing out -- the fresh ones tend not to pop. Anyway, I'll definitely look for the new valve -- sure beats buying a new pump every thime. Otherwise I've really liked the ISIS -- I've been pumping for a year now, usually 1-3 x a day.

Ann