Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New here, going back to work, need bottle help...

Default New here, going back to work, need bottle help...

Hi, as stated above, I'm new here - relatively so... I've been soaking up the knowledge here for awhile, just my first post! I have 2 girls, Catherine is 9, and Grace is almost 5, and my little guy, Isaiah, is 10 weeks. I breastfed Grace, and am so far successful with the little one.

Ok, down to business. It's my first day back at work tomorrow (partime), and my little 10-week guy HATES the bottle. I've even paid THIRTY-FIVE dollars for some of those old style Playtex latex nipples (ones w/the flat tops...) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0347&rd=1&rd=1 on eBay (haven't rec'd, yet) and some of the Munchkin ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1935&rd=1&rd=1. Tried the Breastflow, but he hated it. Tried Gerber, but the slow flow was running all over him, and he rejected it... Most all are similar shaped now, and I hesitate to try the orthodontic ones b/c I blame them (and a huge lack of support) for ruining my breastfeeding w/my first dd. I LOVE my nursing relationship with the little guy, and would do anything to keep it intact. So, after reading here, I went out and bough sippy cups, too - the Avent (Avent=screaming) and Nuby... http://www.babybungalow.com/nunospincu2.html . I'm upstairs here while his dad is testing the Nuby w/him. This is the first artificial bottle feeding w/bm where he hasn't been screaming! BUT, I know that the flow coming out of that cup is huge, as I can here him popping on and off of it, trouble w/the latch, but he's swallowing, too. I'm scared that the Nuby cup is so easy to drink out of, that he will prefer it to me!!!

So, I'm just TOTALLY stressed abt returing to work - my first week back I have to work 5 out of 7 days, and then have 6 off, and I am going to miss him SO, SO much. He's such a sweet little mama's boy, and going to work when they are babies just kills me (did I mention that he's a mama's boy?!? ). I'm up for any bottle feeding, pumping, etc suggestions, so let me have it!

Thanks!

Liz D

Default Re: New here, going back to work, need bottle help...

testing sig

Have you tried the Playtex VentAire Natural Shape or Dr. Browns' Natural Flow? Those are very compatible with breastfeeding. Another option is this the Breastbottle Nurser, although I can't vouch for it since I never used it or met anyone that has, but I considered buying one with first one, plus they're pretty expensive. Consider also using a cup, eyedropper, feeding syringe, spoon, etc.; you might have to keep trying different alternatives.

HTH

Welcome to the forum!!