Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are you comfortable side-lying & sleeping?

Default Re: are you comfortable side-lying & sleeping?

Guess what? At a year my boobs are now stretchy enough to not only eat an play on the computer whole he nurses, but also lay flat on back and have him side lye nurse! O the things you have to look forward to? Think I'm not happy about it? I'm ecstatic! It's SO much nicer to sleep on my back!

Way too lazy for formula

I was all excited because now that DS doesn't need the nipple shield, we could work on side-lying... Well, my DH claims that the LO woke up twice to feed last night, but I only remember the one time. I had rolled onto my side, tucked him in next to me, and popped my nipple into his mouth. Apparently, he didn't need my help for the next feeding! So I got some sleep!!!

I tell you it`s automatic I sometimes sleep on my back and still manage to not wake up when he nurses. Just have a faint memory in the morning...

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It's actually my favorite position. I do it like the picture the pp posted. It can be uncomfortable though without back support so I like to do it on the couch during the day and at night I either have my husband lean against my back with his or I use a pillow for support.
    I had my husband lay against my back one night too - only he only lasted a short while b/c he was uncomfortable laying in one position too long - lol - poor him, huh!!! Another night I convinced him we should sleep sideways and I layed up against the headboard - that helped out a lot as well, but then we are too close to the alarm clock and he is not so we don't do it very often. I think having the bed up against the wall would work just as well but can't convince him to move the furniture.

Oh and Djsmom - yeah for stretchy boobs - you are the envy of many here I am sure - lol!

Paula
    Mom to Cody 2/3/92
    Mommy to Kaeden 10/06/06

Lollapin,

I had my hubby back-to-back 2 nights ago and he complained of the same thing - too uncomfortable in one position so long. Poor guy, HA! I will try spooning with him tonight, much more comfy & cozy I think!

Also cradling the baby in my arm/shoulder is a great solution so far. I'm doing that technique half the night and then repositioning the old way (arm out across the headboard, or down my side). At least more variation is leading to less ouch in the AM. I used to lay down w/ my back against headboard while preggers... maybe I can make that work again...

Quote Originally Posted by lollapin View Post
    Oh and Djsmom - yeah for stretchy boobs - you are the envy of many here I am sure - lol!
    Yeah I KNOW. I have been married for over 11years. I didn't have kids all through my twenties because I was scared my precious boobs would be damaged (SOOO SHALLOW I KNOW) Now I'm like "Man if I could just get it to wrap behind my back or over my shoulder so he couldn't reach the key board while eating!

Way too lazy for formula

Like others have mentioned, I use a body pillow behind my back and a smaller one behind DS, and another between my knees. A lot of pillows, but it's worth it. Also, I flip onto my back whenever he finishes and I'm not asleep yet. It feels nice to occasionally sleep on my back. I never thought to get DH involved...I think he would like the cuddling, but don't think he'd last all night either!
    Jenny
    Mama to Jacob , born 6/11/06
    And his NEW baby brother , born 8/14/08

, , , cloth diapering