Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much water??

Default How much water??

my lo (9 months on friday) loves loves loves to drink...how much should i let him have per day?? id rather just give water and skip juice so that later he prefers water...or is that a bad idea.....should he be getting juice so it counts as a fruit serving or would it not because it would be diluted anyway??

also, we have issues with him inhaling water because he is so excited to drink....he does the same thing in the bathtub! my pedi said to hold off on the cup....but he loves it soooo much and he is getting older now....anybody else experience this??
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Default Re: How much water??

so what did your doctor say to use instead? a bottle?
    That's silly..
    Try and stay away from juices that have added sugar, it counts as a serving of fruit, but you don't have to give them juice, friut has the fiber in the skins and peals that you eat and you loose that with juice.

I agree. Juice is sooo concentrated and you don't get any of the fiber and then they always want juice. We only give DJ water. Initially he'd just drink it with dinner. But since I bought him those little plastic cups w/straws and tupperware lids he walks around and drinks water all day. I am really happy about it. I personally have such a hard time drinking water w/out something in it.....I'm so glad he likes just water!

Way too lazy for formula

the dr said to wait on the drinking.....said it wasnt that important for him to be drinking since bm is made of so much water....i had read that on here too so i never questioned it.....but that was back at 6 months.....and every time i try giving it to him its the same thing....now we dont even use a cup, i use a really shallow bowl....he really just gets so ecstatic and worked up over it still though... thats cool that dj is hooked on water, thats what i would love for austin...as of now he has never turned it down....i always cut him off...maybe im too strict about it but im not sure how much is too much
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~