Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: question

Default question

My dd loves her solids. my question is when she has tried 1st stage and no problems and want to move to stage 2 do I still give it a few days between? i bought a flavor that she tried before [like banana's and applesauce]

i would be interested in making my own food but i don't know where to begin on doing so. any suggestions? would i buy special equipment?
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Default Re: question

A post that is right up my alley!

First of all when moving to second stage foods it is not necessary to wait the few days between if both foods have been tried separately and have had no reaction. Like, if she has had apples and bananas separately and did fine with them, it is ok to introduce them together. Make sense?

Second, I highly recommend making your own baby food. I have been making Wyatt's food for him since day one and love it. How old is your little one (about 8 months, correct?) Wyatt is almost 9 months and his diet has expanded so much. The only thing I have found that he will not eat is carrots! I can hide them in with other foods, but on their own, he gags and spits them out.

Anyway, I use a baby food mill from kidco. Try this link for their web site:
    http://www.kidco.com/

I simply spend about one day every two weeks cooking for him. I bake apples, squash, pears, sweet potatoes, and tons of other things. I then run them thru the mill, divide into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, I put into freezer bags with the date and name on them and we are done. Wyatt usually gets two cubes per serving. We do fruit in the morning and a veggie or meat dish in the evening.

I have about a million recipes and would be happy to share them with you. Just email or pm me and I will send those to you. Also, if you have any other questions please ask. I love this topic. I am very passionate about it.

I just made teething crackers for Wyatt from scratch. They are oatmeal banana and he loves them!

Default Re: question

thanks 4 all of the info!!! she is 7.5 mo
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old