Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Gassy baby?

Default Gassy baby?

I don't know if this is okay to post this here since its not a question exclusively about breastfeeding but is related. My little girl is 3.5 weeks old and seems to be ridiculously gassy. She is constantly making grunting noises while scrunching up her body as if she is trying to get aleviate some pain, she is super fussy and she doesn't burp easy. She has exposive poops and farts constantly. I have eliminated dairy for the past few days and there is no difference so far. Does anyone have any suggestions/ ideas?

thanks!!!

Default Re: Gassy baby?

My 7 week old ds is the same way. I've just given up and accepted that he's gassy. I'll pedal his legs and help him brace to fart and hold him and rub him to comfort him through the ones that he finds particularly disturbing.
    I've tried explaining to him that when he gets older he'll think farting is hilarious and that he'll probably play the fart game with daddy but so far he's not buying it.

While I'm not a big fan of using anything with chemicals in it, ( I prefer all natural) my sister recommended infant gas drops from any store. ( I have a generic wal-mart brand.) They work great, just a few drops in baby's mouth and a few minutes later he's farting and laughing.

my bebe was the same, i assume its the digestive system getting going.
    its surprising what they can do for such small people, huh.
    good thing they are not too stinky!

you're avoiding onions and cabbage and broccoli and the like, eh

if you dont already know this trick try liing your bebe on their back and gently pushing their knees up to its tummy by pushing on the feet pads, it usually helps pass stuck gas and sometimes poops. i notice my bebe does this on her own when on her back