Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I keep baby in the room while in hosptial?

Default Re: Should I keep baby in the room while in hosptial?

I gave birth in a gigantic hospital (though it was fabulous) that has a "couplet care" policy. The nursery isn't an option unless baby is ill (and maybe the first night after a c-section, I'm not sure). Its very true that I didn't get much sleep (my hubby had a roll-away in the room to stay with us too), in the hospital but I wouldn't want it any other way. I wasn't afraid of any mix-ups, but had a no pacifier policy stated in my birth plan. My son rarely left my sight, and when he did, my husband went with him.
    Good luck with your labor and delivery- and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy. Sleep, sleep, sleep- though I know I remember feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever!

Default Re: Should I keep baby in the room while in hosptial?

I had her in the room and loved it. I would miss her when they took her out. I would nap with her and had her to feed her. I didn't know much about the pacifier and nipple confussion and breastfeeding was soooo hard for me (now 5 weeks WAY better) so I gave her a pacifier. I would recommend you make sure you talk to the lactation consultant, ask lots of questions and make sure you know how to latch and position because that's what I didn't do and had a rough start. Oh, also wake her to feed. I hated feeder her because of the pain but I was allowing her to sleep for up to 4 hours, not good for her or you.