Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping Question

Default Pumping Question

I have been working to increase my milk supply for about 2 weeks now. At first I was only pumping 1 -2 ounces each time. It went up to 2-3 each time and I even got 4 ounces one time! But, today it is back to the 1 -2 ounces (normally just one). Would this be an indication my baby is taking more from the breast? He seems to be doing better at the breast...latching on better and staying longer w/active nursing. He does still seem hungry after. I was away from formula, but had to give him some today, since I did not have enough EBM. Just don't want to take any steps backwards. Nursing/Pumping/Bottle Feeding is getting old quick!

Default Re: Pumping Question

Yes, that combination can get very tiring. Do your LCs have any plan in place for you to phase out the supplement? If so, how do they suggest you do this?

You mentioned he still seems hungry after nursing. Could you give us some examples of this? How does he behave?

As far as pumping is concerned, certainly, if ds has taken a larger amount at a feeding then you might get a little less if you are pumping right after feeding.

Default Re: Pumping Question

When I say he stills seems hungry, I mean he is chewing his hands, rooting, and fussy. I try to wait a while and see if he'll settle. I do not have a plan to end sup yet, but retun to the lc on Wednesday. Does anyone else have any suggestions on that?
    Last edited by abunner; January 8th, 2007 at 02:31 PM.