Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My child has it in for me

Default My child has it in for me

ok, i dont really like to get on here and complain usually, but my child has it in for me. Sunday he turned 5 weeks and since monday he has been eating contantly. He goes hours, then a 30 minute nap then back up and at it again. He has been waking up every 1-1/2 hours and eating for about 30 minutes to an hour.
    Someone please tell me this is a phase and that it will be over soon.(and make it believable).
    gabby

Default Re: My child has it in for me

It is a phase and it'll be over soon, I swear! My now 9 MO was the same way, especially during growth spurts. And her spurts seemed to be every few days! I would just park myself on the couch with some movies and try to rest. Now, I can barely get her to sit still for 5 minutes to eat, and I actually look back fondly on all that time I had more or less to do nothing but relax! I didn't appreciate it then, but sure would like it back now!!!

I think its normal and temporary. Gabrielle has been hooked to me almost all morning. My toddler is not amused by this either. LOL

It sounds like a growth spurt. Give it a few days and it'll pass.
    Eva
    Mom to Alyssa (11/26/05)

It's definitely a growth spurt, my daughter went through this at 3 weeks, right around 5 weeks and we just finished another at 3 months. This one lasted about three days. Once the milk supply is up, they don't have to nurse as frequently.

I read a lot of comments about how people wish they were at this stage again, I guess I'll have to be chasing my toddler to appreciate those comments, b/c when you feel like you're living just to nurse, it certainly seems hard at the time....sleep deprivation makes it difficult to appreciate such a special time!

I know it's rough, but each time it only lasted a couple of days and things went back to normal....whatever normal is... Hang in there.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.