Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Potty frequency gone down even more

Default Potty frequency gone down even more

We started our baby on solids in November and since then her potty frequency went down to once a day and it would be a GIANT diaper!! Well, we are in Switzerland for Christmas and New Year, and with the change in time zone and stuff, she has been having potty troubles. Since we came here she has been going potty maybe once in 2 days. The diapers are still GIANT (although I am not sure if they are giant-er than before...probably not). Does this mean she is not getting enough to eat and that I need to nurse her more often?

At home during the day she is with a nanny who feeds her bottles of EBM as well as a cereal-and-veggies lunch, so at least we knew what she was getting during the day and making sure she continued to get that. Here on vacation, her lunch meal (the solids part of it) is not as big and I was hoping to make it up by just nursing, since I don't get to do that as often back at home when I work. Maybe I am not doing such a good job...

Default Re: Potty frequency gone down even more

by potty, do you mean pee or poo?

I believe she means poo. I am not sure since I am not at that stage yet but I would think that as long as she is acting normal and going to the bathroom okay then you are doing a great job!!! If she seemed unhappy and like she was uncomfortable is when you should be worried

bump

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Starting solids really changes the consistency and frequency of poos. If she's happy and having plenty of wet diapers, then she's likely fine.

Lisa