Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need help due to rash/redness

Unhappy Need help due to rash/redness

So two weeks ago Mia was pooping like crazy I guess due to teething. These were explosive runny poops. Now she is pooping just a little quarter size bit of more firm poo(not dry or hard) about 4 or 5 times a day. SORRY. Anyway, she has been doing this for about 4 days and I am wondering if maybe someone fed her something over the holidays or if it could be Cheerio related. She got a mini box in her stocking and ate them over a few days. From what I know, she had some bites people gave her of mashed potato, cookie, a muffin that had coconut in it, and maybe more. My sister just told me about the muffin yesterday. She has a really red circle around her anus and some places that look like blisters almost. Does this sound like an allergy or just soreness from the constant pooping? Any advice? I am currently using Aveno Oatmeal Bath and Neosporin with some liners in our cloth diapers. We use Planet detergent. However she did use some 7th Generation Sposies for the first time in months due to my not being able to keep up with the laundry. Any ideas?

Default Re: Need help due to rash/redness

Connor just had his first firm poop today, and his bottom was a little red. Will be looking for replies to this thread.... hope all is going okay, sorry I don't have any info!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I am adding a pic. I really want to see if this is an allergy thing or not. This is right next to the opening. I am just posting a link because it's gross. Sorry. It's getting much better, but I wanted to see if anyone's lo had the same reaction from an allergy. I mean I change her constantly, so I don't think it's from sitting in it too long. It looks like a blister to me and the picture is not all that clear because I cropped it and it's blurry now but if your lo has had something like it, I think you would recognize it. Does anyone know if you could be allergic to cheerios but not Oatmeal?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...0AZuGLlizYs2LA

My dd has not had that yet, but a girlfriend of mine just explained some thing similar happened to her lo. She assumed it was severe diaper rash and used triple paste to treat it. I would bring dd to the peds just to rule out any allergy. Good luck, hope she feels better soon!

Oh my, I'm sorry your LO is having to deal with that! I don't have any advice (still), but wanted to say that I hope it gets better!!!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Quote Originally Posted by Mia'sMom View Post
    Does anyone know if you could be allergic to cheerios but not Oatmeal?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...0AZuGLlizYs2LA
    Hi!

Cheerios do have wheat ingredients, as well as corn products in them ... both known allergens. Could be causing an allergic reaction that plain oats would not. We use a cereal called "Oatios" or "Purely O's" that is organic and has no wheat or corn products in them. Ouchie ... hope Mia heals up soon and you figure out what is causing it! Poor babe!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Glad to see you back Annie and Thanks for the replies. I should have watched her more closely during the holidays. For some reason people love to feed babies. I just have a feeling it was the Cheerios. I had planned on giving her something better than the Cheerios brand, but these came in her stocking and of course got opened and she loved them, blah blah blah... I just wanted to know what might be in them to avoid. Thanks again. It is getting much better. I took that a few days ago.