Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby food storage

Question baby food storage

For those of you making your own food, what do you store the food in, especially food you plan to store in the freezer? I heard someone suggest ice cube trays, but I can't find any at the store! Not even at the 99c store. Any suggestions?

Default Re: baby food storage

I got my ice cube trays at the grocery store. Once the food is frozen you can pop it out and then store the cubes in ziploc freezer bags.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

you could use a small yougart cup to freeze it and then poop it out once its frozen.
    This would be the wrong time of year to get ice cube trays...
    did you try walmart?

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I found ice cube trays with lids at Linens 'N Things and Bed Bath and Beyond.

Smile Re: baby food storage

Oh, I didn't think to look at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Maybe now that the Christmas rush is over, I will try it out!
    thanks!

thoose are neat....
    http://www.bestbabybasics.com/Brands...ge%20Trays.htm

theres another kind.
    I think tupperware has some that have lids also...

Aidens mom, once you take the cubes out of the freezer do you then just feed out of them cubes too? How long have you been using them and how are they holding up? Do the lids snap on and off easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy00 View Post
    Aidens mom, once you take the cubes out of the freezer do you then just feed out of them cubes too? How long have you been using them and how are they holding up? Do the lids snap on and off easy?
    Each cube is about 1oz of food. Right now Aidan isn't eating a lot of solids so I scope a couple spoonfuls out into a bowl. (you can feed directly out of the cubes) I haven't travelled with the cubes yet, but they are very durable and quite handy. The lids fit tightly on the cube, so I'm not concerned about leakage, etc... The cubes are microwave and dishwasher safe. I'm quite pleased with the purchase! HTH

Quote Originally Posted by elliesmom View Post
    I found ice cube trays with lids at Linens 'N Things and Bed Bath and Beyond.

Me too - trays with lids at BB&B. once they are frozen, I put the cubes in quart-sized freezer ziplock bags marked with what kind of food and the date, and then put 2-3 bags of food in a gallon sized ziplock bag (one for veggies, one for fruits, etc.). I've had a freezer burn problem on occassion so I like to make sure all the air is squeezed out of the ziplocks.