Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Down to Once a Day...

Question Down to Once a Day...

My ds is 7mo. old and we have weaned down to once a day...my question is- how long will I be able to maintain one feeding's worth of milk? I weaned VERY slowly(one feeding a month from 3 mos.) and I love our morning nursing session! I don't want to give it up...but I don't want to nurse or pump more often. My ds is 22lbs. and goes 3-4 hours after our morning feeding before he's hungry again. I just dropped the bedtime feeding on Christmas Eve. Any women able to keep up one feeding for a long time? I hope so- let me know.
    Kate

Default Re: Down to Once a Day...

When I weaned during the morning I just refused to feed her. My little one is also on solids so I would introduce that to her or the bottle. It only took two days for her.

Default Re: Down to Once a Day...

Hi!
    Your body is tuned in very strongly to supply and demand. Just continue to nurse when you want, and your breast will preform for you. If you can, since you are down to one feeding a day try and keep it in the same general timetable. lots of water ect. Women have been counting on their bodies for a long time and have been successful. You may depend on your body.

Red face Re: Down to Once a Day...

Thanks ladies...I was starting to feel a little neglected....