Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: i'm leaking!

Default i'm leaking!

baby in not due till april 6th, my right boobie is leaking and is very tender
    is this normal?

Default Re: i'm leaking!

My breasts starting leaking around the same time. The right one more so than the left breast. I had to start using nursing pads to keep from wetting my blouse. Don't worry, at least you know everything is in working order.

It's just colostrum. I started leaking 12 weeks into my pregnancy. It's normal and great that you are. You can get a yeast infection in your nipple if you leak in your bra and don't wash it constantly. Make sure you get breast pads. The best breast pads are made by Lansinoh. Trust me I've tried many kinds.

I had the same thing in my second pregnancy but my mw said it was ok. I was quite worried when it didn't happen in my 3rd pregancy, even at the end. I started worrying that I'd have no milk but my midwife said it was fine, that either was normal

looks like you may need to stock up on breast pads early! applying direct pressure to the nipple can help to stop the leak.

I leaked from 19 weeks on!!!
    I've been told it's betterto leak and know that your plumbing works, and I agree.
    Get some nursing pads for sure. Good luck!

try a bigger bra also.

Quote Originally Posted by pammitch07 View Post
    Make sure you get breast pads. The best breast pads are made by Lansinoh. Trust me I've tried many kinds.
    I agree. After trying all the different brands of nursing pads I could find, Lansinoh nursing pads are the best.

I too leaked from week 20 - 24. When it stop I worried that my milk had dried up before I even got to use it but my OB said it was fine. My milk came back after giving birth. I agree with the Lanoish pad too!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

thanks girls~ it gets really bad when i try to get in the bath tub and relax