Since about a week before christmas, I made tons of cookies and chocolate goodies for people as gifts (and ate tons and tons of chocolate and sweets in the process - I have no willpower). My 11wo son has recently developed a rasied scaly looking thing on his upper cheek near his eye measuring about 1/2 inch in diameter, and I was wondering if perhaps it is from the excess chocolate I've been consuming of late. The patch is not a ringworm as there is no clear patch in the middle. I've read several things promoting and against the consumption of chocolate while breastfeeding, however was wondering whether any other Mothers out there have experienced anything like this possible skin reaction.
Also - what are your feelings on chocolate. Probably moderation is best - but what quantities does this depict?