Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: jogging while breastfeeding?

Default jogging while breastfeeding?

I don't mean at the same time of course! I mean I can't wait to get started losing the rest of the baby weight because I turn 30 in a few months and would really like to wear something besides sweats! And the best way to shed some pounds for me has allways been running. But I wonder if my boobs will simply hurt too much? They seem to hurt all the time. does anyone have experience with this?

Default Re: jogging while breastfeeding?

How old is your baby?

He's 6 weeks, but I could probably go a few times while his father plays with him. and I probably won't start jogging right away. I have my 6 week pp apointment Fiday and will ask the doctor.

I am a jogger and don't have any problems -- I've always started running again after my babies were about 3 months old. The soreness you are experiencing now should subside soon -- most likely by the time your baby is about 12 weeks old.

That's good to hear - I hope it's true for me too. But I really don't have much time if I don't want to be 30 and fat. I tired out some sports bras the other day and tried to jog a little in place - the ones that fit band wise didn't keep me from bouncing and the ones that did support were way too tight for comfort around the band. After three trys, I made a mess in the dressing room!

Some lactating women wear two sports bras at once for better support.

I'm a large-breasted momma and swear by my Enell bra. I have no financial interest in this bra or the website in the link below -- I just love the bra for workouts. It really smooshes you down all over, no bouncing!

http://store.yahoo.com/breakoutbras/ensususpbrsh.html

I admire you for feeling ready to resume exercising at just 6 weeks postpartum. I hope it goes well for you and you feel great doing it!

--Rebecca

Until my son was 10 weeks old, I started with low impact aerobics tapes. Cindy Crawford has a good one-New Dimension or something like that. I ran for the second time this morning-it felt great! I would recommend using 2 sports bra's. I have 3 nursing bra's that are sports bra's-I use that one as the first layer or support and then I bought some from Target-they have some relatively inexpensive sports bras. I use that as the second layer. Hope your runs go well!!