Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Won't eat veggies...

Default Won't eat veggies...

Catherine loves fruits and she does like sweet potatoes, but any other veggies I try to give her...she gags! Is that normal? Should I just keep trying, or should I wait? Or should I add some flavor? I mean I personally don't like veggies if they don't have a flavor added like herbs or whatever. I can also see how going from fruits that are sweet to veggies that are blah would be a problem. Help?

Default Re: Won't eat veggies...

No advice for you. Mia is super picky. She like bananas, pears, and apples. I just keep trying. She gags too. The funny thing is that my son loved all kinds of veggies when he was little and now it's a fight and he gags at the table when I try to get him to eat them. I am hoping Mia will be the opposite and hate them now and love them as she gets older.

Ohh keep trying! Try raw ones and try ones soaked in olive oil! (Broccoli comes to mind both ways) Snap peas are great raw! They are sweet and crunchy!

Way too lazy for formula

Same here! My dd loves bananas, pears, peaches, prunes...lots of fruits. She did carrots for a while but is now turning her nose up at veggies! Recently she has discovered crackers and yogurt, and tonight she tried refried beans that dh gave her a little of!

My DS won't eat a single veggie. Loves all kinds of fruit, but won't let a veggie touch his lips. He never liked spoon feeding, so I've always let him feed himself. Trouble is, he won't try anything!! I swear, if it isn't fruit or some sort of starch (or *GROAN* chicken nuggets), forget it. I'm at a loss. I guess I can hope that he'll grow out of it.

Lisa

Get creative and "hide" veggies in your food. Make muffins and grate carrots in there for example. Try cooking something like green beans in butter and see if that helps make them more tasty for her, this works for my dd.

DD is only 8 months, and thus far has only gotten single food items. Like one food at a time, you know? Would it be ok now to put butter on things or to mix things together???

I'm so excited because I just bought a food mill (she only likes to be spoon fed) and so now I can make my own food for her and it will be easy to combine things. Plus I'm hoping the texture will be a bit more than pureed jarred food and so it will help to enjoy the finger foods that I try to give her a bit more.