Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My tiny girl

Default My tiny girl

Shes 7.5 months doc says shes not getting enough solid, she eats 3 times a day. shes 15.4lbs

Default Re: My tiny girl

Check out the thread that is called Little Baby on this same forum. My daughter will be eight months on Monday and she weighs less than 15 pounds. My husband and I are both small and we both gained slowly as babies. There is a lot to take into consideration. As long as your baby appears healthy and is having enough wet diapers and poops, then the baby is fine. As people suggested in the other thread, try feeding more breastmilk/formula and less solids....breastmilk/formula contain more calories and nutrients than any solids that you would be giving.

bahhhh. breastmilk is the best...
    it has the highest calorie count of most "baby foods"
    heres a link
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/vi...dcalories.html

My DS was hardly eating any solids at 7-1/2 months of age. It wasn't until he was about 10 months old that he really started getting interested in solid foods.

Three meals of solids a day is PLENTY for a baby of this age!!

Lisa

Another thing you could bring up with your ped. is the new WHO growth charts for breastfed babies. If you're confident that your daughter is healthy, but just smaller, the WHO charts will probably put your mind at ease. If your ped is using the charts that formula companies actually put out...and hence are tailored for formula fed babies, there could be quite a discrepancy between those charts and a healthy breastfed baby.

Here's a link to the new charts http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/chart3.html

The way I read the new chart for girls(which is the one in the link), is that 15.4 lbs at 7.5 mos. is definitely less than average, but it didn't look like your daughter was off the charts or anything...I'm not sure what their terms mean exactly, but it looked about halfway between the MEAN and the bottom of the chart I think.

thanks for the chart I will print it for her ped! thanks so much she is for sure below average but so were and are me and her daddy