Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: changes in poop...is this normal?

Default changes in poop...is this normal?

Okay, so my LO is really picking up on the solids now. She is 10 months old. She loves to eat now! I also love it because I can put her in the high chair and make supper!

I am just wondering if this is normal- she now has about 4-5 poops in a day. (Used to be every few days, if that, which I know is normal though). She seems to do a lot of work to get it out- not really constipated but trying.Then its just these round solid poops- they pretty much roll off her diaper... sorry if TMI I just wanted to know if all this is normal. I've heard a lot about messy and smelly poops when babies eat solids, but my baby doesn't have either. So I am confused.

Default Re: changes in poop...is this normal?

There are people here who are bigger authorities on poop but that sounds like your LO is a little constipated. My DS takes solids three times a day and his stools are still pretty loose. No little rabbit pellets. Perhaps just up the amount of fruits and veggies that she eats?

sounds like lil LO might be a tad constipated? do ensure you give plenty of vegetables, fruits and fibre like oats and fluids. might help to cut back on foods that can cause consti.... when my ds first started out on solids, his poop came every 2 to 3 days but now it's back to 3 or 4x a day. system takes a while to adjust. i gave him diluted prune juice back then and papaya. also cut back on the bananas... hope it all gets back on track soon!

thanks! I'll try to give her more things that might help.