Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Probiotic Teething Poop Question

Default Probiotic Teething Poop Question

Ok I promised myself I would never ask a poop question but I don't know what is going on with DD. She has started pooping like 4 or 5 times a day the past few days. She usually goes about once every 3 or 4 days. Sometimes it's solid, sometimes it's runny and it's been a brighter yellow. Anyway. She has not increased the amount of solids she is eating. She maybe gets one solid a day that she really doesn't eat too much of. She is teething her top teeth and they are really bothering her. Also I haven't had any probiotics for about 2 months due to moving away from my supplier. I bought some about a week ago at Wild Oats. They are called Jarro something. So could this be happening from the Probiotics or the teething? I am just surprised she is going this much. And I am doing tons of because of it. So there I have asked a poop question.

Default Re: Probiotic Teething Poop Question

I don't know anything about probiotics, but I do know that teething can irritate babies' tummies (they produce and swallow a lot of excess saliva), which might result in the more frequent, runnier poop.
    Erin - Hayden James is my beautiful boy - we've been nursing happily for two years, with no end in sight!

Change the language, change the reality.

I am prolly not going to be much help here....Shiloh poops 3-5x a day on a normal day. when he's teething...he can poop 8-10x. so it definitely could be teething.

DS poop gets really runnier and mucousy-er when he's teething so it could be teething.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Thanks. They have been really nasty and I was wondering if I should call the doc. She is getting both top teeth and is in so... much pain from it, poking at her ears, crying out, and generally just grumpy. I thought surely there must be some connection but I hadn't ever heard of babies pooping more when they teeth.