Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's the end of an era...

Default It's the end of an era...

We went down to morning and night about two months ago. Slowly over those 2 months we phased out the AM feeding. He wanted to get up, get dressed and eat breakfast instead.

Last week I had a headache and was tired on Thursday night so we put him to bed without nursing. We ate dinner, got in PJs and read Goodnight Moon instead of nursing. Since that worked so well we did it again on Friday night. Saturday he spent the night at my parents' house. So on Sunday it had been 3 nights of Goodnight Moon and no nursing. I decided to try the same routine. It worked!

So tomorrow it's been a week...I guess we're done for real now. I have to say, sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't. But I am grateful for all the quality time we spent together nursing. Almost 16 months...I'm pretty proud of myself!

This site has been amazing. Thanks to you all!

Default Re: It's the end of an era...

Congratulations. It's hard yet rewarding to watch them grow and let go.

It's hard, isn't it? But, it's just like when you send your kids to school, or watch them get married or whatever.....you're glad they're moving ahead and growing, yet sad that they don't need you as much.

Congratulations on your tenure as a bf mom!

Lisa

It's so hard for me to imagine, but it sounds so gentle, like I imagine weaning should be. At the same time it makes me upset at the thought b/c by DD is about the same age!
    Congrats to you and your LO.
    Please visit us once in a while and share your advice with newbies!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Yay! Congratulations! Now go out and buy yourself the prettiest non-nursing bra you can find, and enjoy a tall cup of caffinated coffee!
    I hope my SON weans ME off as gently!

Did you have any pain from full breasts? I am very curious, because this is the way I would like to do it with my baby.

Thanks ladies...nobody in real life seems to think this is such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cgproberts View Post
    Did you have any pain from full breasts? I am very curious, because this is the way I would like to do it with my baby.
    Nope. It was so gradual that I never even noticed it.