Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Did My Breasts Go???

Default Where Did My Breasts Go???

Ok-I've never been "well endowed", however, for my bodyshape I was ok-- a full 34B. I'm rather petite so this was fine.

My 17 month old daughter has weaned to just two nursings a day, both off of the right breast.

Well-my left breast is now so so tiny. And when I raise my arm, it looks all crinkly, and shrunken, like there is no fat there. Is this normal after weaning? Did all the fat disappear to make room for my once very ample supply of milk? Will I ever regain that nice rounded look or has bf taken this away forever?

Default Re: Where Did My Breasts Go???

I can feel your pain-I am small breasted as well-a 34C while breastfeeding. After I weaned my son, I noticed a decrease back to my 34B size, and didn't look or feel as full, but I think you get used to it!!!!

I'm normally a 34A, and after breastfeeding, I think I went down to a AA....I read somewhere that the breast tissue get compressed or something while breastfeeding, and this could be why your breasts appear smaller?

I'm not too concerned personally, as I've always said that it's better to be small breasted than to have to tuck 'em in your pants when you're 60!

Lisa

I'm concerned about this as well because I used to be a 34AA. I read that they can end up being even smaller than they were origonally. Uhh....that doesn't leave much! I went back to my old size a few months ago after being 34B. My 2 yr old is still nursing sometimes 6-8 times a day! What's going to happen when he stops???? Yikes!

I think both pregnancy and BF change your breasts, but if I remember correctly...right after I weaned DS (prematurely), my breasts had that shriveled appearance you are describing. They kind of "bounced back" after a month or so, but not back to pre-prego perkiness! Maybe the visual contrast with your BM-producing breast is making it worse.
    My friend described this as "deflated water balloons."

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I'm still BFing, so I don't have first-hand experience, but I have friends who said that right after weaning, they changed as you described, but that after about a year, they bounced back, though not fully. I have also been told that it's not the breastfeeding that changes their appearance, but rather the mere fact that they got larger during pregnancy and then smaller, regardless of whether you breastfeed or not. This is just what I have heard.

"Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wife to my wonderful Simon
    Parenting my sweet Noah born 5.2.06 from the heart

http://www.normalizebreastfeeding.com

Quote Originally Posted by mommylaura View Post
    I have also been told that it's not the breastfeeding that changes their appearance, but rather the mere fact that they got larger during pregnancy and then smaller, regardless of whether you breastfeed or not. This is just what I have heard.
    I've read this too... anyone know if it's true?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

So you mean that the fact I went from a 36a to a 38 full c, is going to hurt me in the end! (sigh) And i've really enjoyed this new buxomness.
    Has anyone else gotten TONS of stretch marks on their breasts? I have so many that they look like the flames of a sun.

Yay! Smaller Boobs when it's over? I can't wait! When oh when do I get to where A halter top? When I 36? Can't wait!

Way too lazy for formula

I got horrible stretch marks on my breasts!! But a few months after giving birth they went away completely. Don't know if I'll get them back after weaning...?? I'm still breastfeeding and my boobs are already floppy looking. Ugh!!