Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: solids soon!

Default solids soon!

My boys are almost 5 months! They now can grasp things with their hands and of course everything goes into the mouth! My Dr. said that I can't start solids at 6 months and 5 if I really was interested....we never really got too much into discussion about what kind of foods because they were only 4 months then. What type of finger foods are healthy and good for them to "try". I really just want to experiment and am not insisting on solids yet but would like to see what they will do with it. Any suggestions or are they really too small for finger foods?

Default Re: solids soon!

are there any allergies in your family?
    if so I would hold off as long as you can!

Melonie--My DD was 5 months on the 7th of this month and has really started to express interest in food also--reaching for our food, trying to grab our utensils, etc. My aunt (who babysits while I'm at work) crumbled up a cracker and let her chew on the crumbs a little bit yesterday--she LOVED it. She's not real fond of rice cereal, at least when I give it to her, but she seems to eat it just fine when someone else does.

My DS LOVED fruit puffs and veggie puffs--they melt in the mouth pretty well, but I haven't tried them w/DD yet, I think she's still a bit too young!
    Krista
    Wife to Barney
    Mommy to Justin Reed
    Mommy to Ada Grace (7-7-06) 7 lbs 14 oz, 20 lbs 14 oz at 1 year

Our little Angel, Henry James, grew his wings December 14, 2007

justin's mama What are fruit and veggie puffs?

andrea_ohio There are no allergies in our families. Not at all! It will probably be a little bit of a challenge since dh is from Middle East and his mom is here. She is dying to give my boys a taste of anything! She dipped her finger in tea the other day and stuck it in my sons mouth! One morning she was eating cold cereal and gave hima spoon of her milk!!! I wasn't too happy about either. I am very skeptical about what people are trying and wanting to try and give my boys! I don'y know whey because I wasn't like this with my older children.

I am trying to be so by the book this time around! Don't know why. But I am waiting till at least the 29th, when they will be 5 months to try something. It's killing me...I can't wait to see what they will do with real food.