Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Jarred baby food vs. regular food?

Default Jarred baby food vs. regular food?

Catherine LOVES jarred sweet potatoes from Gerber. I want to make my own sweet potatoes because it is way cheaper...so I went out and bought some and baked them for her. She hates them!! Is it the texture?? I even tried mixing them with some water to make them even more mushy and she just makes this awful face and eventually spits everything out. Is this just something she needs to get used to...the new textures? Should I keep trying? Would she be more likely to enjoy it if I just cut them into chunks for her to pick up herself? She does like to pick up cheerios and feed them to herself. I'm just bummed because I don't want to have to buy baby food! It's so expensive and watered down. Yuck!!

Default Re: Jarred baby food vs. regular food?

Hi
    cooked sweet potatoes taste different than baked ones. maybe Gerber cooks them, try it and see if she likes it more.

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Jarred baby food vs. regular food?

Ellie is the same way with sweet potatoes. My MIL bought her some baby food sweet potatoes and she loved them (my MIL thinks I'm depriving Ellie by NOT buying baby food; I make all her food ). I made Ellie some baked sweet potatoes and she hated it. I made some unsalted sweet potato fries like the ones I make for us and she loved them! She can feed herself too, which of course she prefers.