Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: poop?

Default poop?

I have a question about dd poop. Her poop today has some dark stringy like things in there. I have never seen it before and am just not sure what to make out of it. I don't know if she was to get scared if that would do anything as far as the poop goes. She got scared by a dog that is behind us, a scream that I have never heard ever in my life from her before. I felt so bad for her.
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Default Re: poop?

Well when smashing a banana up I noticed that same type of little black or brown things as seen in her poop. So I am now thinking that it was the sugar from the banana breaking down. Is this normal?
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

My dd LOVES bananas- especially when I smash up a real one (rather than the purees from Gerber). Each time she eats bananas, she gets the same dark colored stringy things you're describing. I think it's just part of the banana (take a look at banana bread next time you're eating it). I can get her to eat almost anything if I mix even just a little banana in, so these types of poop are becoming more ordinary around here! Hope that helps!

Marcie
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Thanks, It does help!
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

It's probably the fibers in the bananas. Looks like little brown threads or even (ew!) worms but it's just likely to be banana if she ate it recently.
    Tanya, LLL Leader and Mama to three wonderful kids

yes she has eaten it lately. When giving her some yesterday I noticed the same look in it. Thank godness its not worms, gross!
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

I'm sorry, but I laughed when I was reading this thread! I remember the first time I fed my twins bananas, and also wondered WHAT THE HECK was in their diapers!!! I also thought worms at first (where the heck they'd pick that up, I don't know).

Good to know that I wasn't alone!

Lisa