Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Holy COW

Default Holy COW

When my son was born my body thought I gave birth to 5 children, that is how much milk I produced. Even now he's 7 months old and I am still engorged in the morning and I have to sleep on waterproof crib sheets because I leak so much. Right now I am especially finding it hard because he's teething so he's nursing less. Can anyone relate?

Default Re: Holy COW

Have you tried anything so far? There are several things that other mothers have done to alleviate this problem. I can give you a few of them if I know what you have already tried!

Quote Originally Posted by pammitch07 View Post
    When my son was born my body thought I gave birth to 5 children, that is how much milk I produced. Even now he's 7 months old and I am still engorged in the morning and I have to sleep on waterproof crib sheets because I leak so much. Right now I am especially finding it hard because he's teething so he's nursing less. Can anyone relate?
    i too am facing similar problem, baby 3 months old and find it difficult to pump the extra all the time..

Hi there,
    Can you explain why you are pumping? Do you need the milk for work or other separation?

Pumping will exacerbate over-supply. If you have over-supply (more milk than baby needs) I can give you some ideas of things that work for other moms.