Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My intro

Default My intro

Hi! I'm Shane mom to three very active boys. Theodore is 6. He nursed until he was 4ys. Issac is 4. He nursed until he was 2ys. And Harrison is 2 and still nurses. I nursed through my second pg and then tandum nursed for 2 yrs. The two older weaned when I was pg with #3. I was preparing to be tri nursing. Is there such a word? I found it very interesting that my second decided to stop the same time at my first. Must have wanted to do everything his older brother was doing.

I'm a stay at home mom. My husband is a outdoor education teacher in the public schools. We are homeschooling our boys. I'm a birth doula in a hospital based program. I'm working on slowly, slowly getting my childbirth education certification. And I aspire to be a midwife in the far, far, far future.

Breastfeeding has been a very important part of my parenting and there were no questions that I would do it. I had many problems with #1. He had sever tongue tie and needed surgery to be able to nurse. He had that at 1.5 months of age. #2 was a breeze. #3 had a high pallet and I got the worst nipple damage, clogged ducts and mastitis all in the the first week after giving birth.

Having support is what got me through each of my challenges. Having a Laction Consultant come to your home was key for me.

That would be some of me.

Take care,

Default Re: My intro

Hi! just wanted to be first to say hello on your intro thread, lol. Sounds like you have every experience in the book under your belt and then some. Hope to see you around the forum!

Default Need support on extended nursing

I am still nursing my son (3 yrs in March) and nursing my new daughter (2 months). I try to feel good about my decision to keep nursing but I do not know any real moms who have nursed so long. I spoke to the local LLL leader and got two books, "mothering the nursing toddler" and "adventures in tandem nursing" I found both books helpful but would love to hear from a real mom who made the same choice. I attended a local lll meeting to get support but it was very crowded and I did not get a chance to talk to anyone. I would love to hear more about other mom's who nursed into toddler years. I also wonder how did it go when you stopped, did you toddler just stop? Did you encourage them to stop? I have stopped letting anyone know my son nurses because of negative feedback. Did you ever experience any real health/develement issues from extended nursing?
    thanks

Default Re: My intro

I also have three boys! Mine are 6 (nursed until his 4th birthday), 4 (nursed until 3 years, 7 months), and a 7 week old. I tandemed the first two for almost 2 years.

I have also loved nursing, and it has been a joy to be able to mother through breastfeeding.