Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: anyone try Dr. Jay Gordon night weaning method?

Default anyone try Dr. Jay Gordon night weaning method?

I am thinking of trying. We need to do something. My 2 year old is a horrible sleeper and still wants to nurse a lot - sometimes every hour all night. I have tried subsitutes, but he is such a bad sleeper that he won't fall asleep with them. That is my main concern - I don't know how else to get him to sleep.

Would love to hear experiences with this method or other night weaning methods.

thanks!
    Lisa

Default Re: anyone try Dr. Jay Gordon night weaning method?

are you co-sleeping?
    My dd started to sleep a little bit beter when she starts out in her own twin bed.

Yes, we are cosleeping. He has a little bed that he naps in on the weekends (he is in daycare during the week). We have tried to get him to sleep in it at night but no such luck yet.
    My LLL leader just suggested me sleeping in another room. Maybe we will try that tonight. I am going away for 4 nights in 6 weeks so I need to see how he will be w/o me.

We co-sleep often and tried the Gordon method after a suggestion in a post I made in the "sleeping" thread. It worked really well for my DD (at 16 mos.). The first few nights, she fussed a bit about "no ninny" but she never fussed longer than 20 minutes (usually 5 or less). Now (after about 2 months since we started) she can/will go to sleep much easier (and with someone else besides mommy) and she is much easier to put to sleep (without nursing) if she does wake up. It did work for us.