Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 months baby sleeping always on her side

Default 2 months baby sleeping always on her side

my baby of 2 months age always likes to sleep on her sides ...if i put her on her back to sleep ,she feels very uncomfort, rubs her face with both of her hands throughout the night.....i heard that babies should sleep on her back only...is it okay, if my baby sleeps on her sides.

Default Re: 2 months baby sleeping always on her side

Mine had to sleep on his side D/T refux. He did fine with it but I used a wedge pillow that kept him from rolling over on his belly. It just kind of held him in plae and it was placed below arm-pit level so it didn't ride up or anything. It scared me more putting him on his back because he would wake up choking, coughing and sputtering. It would even scare hom sometimes. Anyway, HTH.

Even i am keeping pillows on her both sides......moreover she sleeps for a long time on her sides ...if i make her to sleep on her back, immediately she wokes up and cries by waving hands on the face and making sounds...

My daughter is 6 weeks old and actually rolls to her side whenever I put her down on her back. She's been doing this for about two weeks.

My babies preferentially sleep on their sides, and they are like that from day one.

Pull her lower arm out in front of her, and then she can't roll over on her tummy accidentally.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

We did the side sleeping, too, for our youngest. We rolled up a receiving blanket and tucked one in front, and one in back.

Lisa

My daughter side-sleeps too. Has since the day she was born. Fortunately, she was a strong LO and I never had to keep pillows around her. I'd lay her on her back, and she'd immediately go to her side lol.

marie1965 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I bought one of those things that has a roll on each side so they can't roll over... has a lamb head on it... you can make it narrow or wider as they get older... i would lay her in it kind of halfway between back and side lying...