Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your best tips for an A-type personlity during 1st weeks....

Default Re: Your best tips for an A-type personlity during 1st weeks....

everyone has some good advice. I had to learn fast how to manage everything, my DH could only be home for 2 days. Here's my addition: the egg timer. LOL I even use it to limit my time on the computer. They are cheap to get if you don't have one, I like it cause its portable. Otherwise you can also use an oven timer etc. Set it for 5, 10 or 15 min, and then clean. Pick up everything you see and put it back, work as fast as you can for that time, and then STOP. You will feel better you got SOMETHING cleaned, and it will really help. You can even do this a few times a day.

Especially with a newborn, but even now, I think if I only get one thing cleaned/washed per day, then I accomplished something. I focus on one room per day of the week (except weekends). And work on one thing at a time in it.

I learned a lot from flylady too. Check it out, like the PP said. Its pretty A-type personality IMO.

Guess somethings wrong with me, I do everything the way I used to, only with a wholeeeee lot less sleep. If I let dh do the laundry he stuffs it all the way full and mixes colors and whites. He's throw his work clothes in with my drawers and they'll smell like a machine shop. It drives me nuts.
    If he cooks dinner he'll use twenty thousand pots and pans, then leave them. It almost funny.
    So I pace myself, and i try not to be too ocd, but I really can't help it.

Thanks for your words of wisdom ladies. I feel more relaxed now I love these message boards!
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

Hello,

I am a new first time mom, my DS was born Oct 22, I too nested severely and cleaned everywhere before he was born. My husband was only home 2 days after we returned from the hospital. I took our son to the first appt. by myself and was nearly in tears just b/c they told me he had to be completely undressed for his first weight check (diaper and all). I thought to myself, do you know what it took to get him dressed! It is very emotional especially the first week or two, the house work is hard to keep up with and to be honest after the baby is home it really doesn't matter, just let it go and take care of yourself. Make time for yourself, when your husband gets home from work, go out for a little and get some fresh air. It makes a world of difference!

oh bethy223 I know what you mean about dressing a baby! It's like trying to shove a octopus into a galllon milk jug. as soon as you get one part in something else slides out!
    it does get beter as you figure out baby, they are a brand new person and it takes a while to get to know what they want and need.