Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letter to Adeline On Her One Year Birthday ...

Default Re: Letter to Adeline On Her One Year Birthday ...

I know exactly how you feel and your letter expressed it beautifully. My son turned one today and it was a very bittersweet day. I am amazed by his mind and body as they grow and yet miss him as a newborn at times. It all went way too fast. Your little angel is beautiful and so is her mommy. Happy Birthday Adeline!

Lovely letter for a lovely girl! I'm getting ready to write one of those letters myself. Happy birthday Addie and congrats, Annie!

Annie

You had me sobbing before I even got to the letter. They grow up so fast. I know exactly what Number3 is talking about. When my son is really getting under my skin, I read my journal from when he was in my tummy and just born or I watch one of the countless videos from when he was a baby. It is so much fun to watch them grow and learn, but in some ways, you want them to stay just like they are. Thanks so much for sharing. You are a wonderful Mom. Happy Happy Birthday to Addie.

That was so sweet...it made me think I should write a letter to my LO too. He just turned 6 months and I know 1 year will be here before I know it. He is already so changed from the little newborn who came into my life 6 months ago...so curious about the world and trying so hard to crawl. But still nursing every 2 hours!

Happy Birthday to Addie and Congrats to you! I hope the birthday party was fun!
    Jenny
    Mama to Jacob , born 6/11/06
    And his NEW baby brother , born 8/14/08

, , , cloth diapering

I wrote a letter much like that to my son when he turned a year old, and plan to write one to my daughter in 2 more months when she reaches that age. I think that it was a wonderful letter, and the pictures just melted my heart, as that's how Abbey and I look a lot, and I know that feeling of being snuggled so close that you can feel each other's heart beating!!!

Happy Birthday Sweet Adeline!!!!

That is the sweetest letter! You two are so cute together, thank you for the pics.
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

Just Beautiful! I have a puddle on my face - my love just turned one on the 19th. Oh so bittersweet.

I, like many others write to my lo too. One thing I always beg of my husband, and include in my letters, is: if his life should take a turn in a direction in which society does not approve, we will always . . . always be there for him, and we wil NEVER, ever give up on him. We will be by his side forever.

Okay, have to cut this short - loosing it !

Annie:

I've been away for a while - trying to get the routine of baby, teenager, husband, work, home and extended family in order. I'm so glad I checked back in today to read this letter. I'm a bit late for Adelines B-day, so belated wishes to both of you

I've still got about 7 weeks to go until our big day, but I'm thinking about it already. Having a teenager makes me know first hand how quickly the time flies. I'm here to tell you they change and grow and mature but they never cease to amaze you!

Congratulations on your first year!!