Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How can I increase production of one breast?

Default How can I increase production of one breast?

I am currently working on increasing my milk supply to wean off the bottle.

I usually offer the left, then right at one feed and the opposite at the next feed. But my left breast has always made more milk than my right. I've been thinking if my right could only catch up, I may just make enough milk, and finally drop the bottles, since I'm almost there.

Does it seem logical that after I pump both breasts for 10-15 minutes that I pump just the right for an extra 5 every time?

Any other tips to help this problem?

Thanks!

Default Re: How can I increase production of one breast?

Block feed and double the times your giving the weaker producing breast. Or ALWAYS start on that side.
    But if you were to block feed, it would mean you would feed off the weaker breast Twice in a row to everyone time you fed of the fuller breast. That usually "appears to even things out in a week. But If you ever relax your routine, the naturally predominate breast will always well, DOMINATE! HTH!

Way too lazy for formula

Hey thanks, that is good advice!

Yeah, I've been reading about how most people have a dominant breast, and that this is normal, I just figured since I'm trying to bring up my milk ANYWAY, I might as well work on the weaker breast most.

And does my pumping an extra 5 minutes on that breast seem logical?

Renée

Pump thru a 2nd let down if possible. I don't know if 5mins is enough to get you thru two...but however long your pumping on each side, try to get an ADDITIONAL letdown from the weaker side! GOOD LUCK!

Way too lazy for formula