Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: BB now sleeping in 4-6 hours

Default BB now sleeping in 4-6 hours

Hi Mummies,

I have a concern regarding my BB who is going on 1 month this Saturday. There are times at night where she's awake for 6 hours straight. She then requires feeding every hour and sometimes she poopoo and will be demand to be fed again.

Is this normal for babies to not sleep after eating? I'm concerned as some days, she's up more than she's sleeping.

That also makes it such that daddy and mummy cannot sleep at night too.

Any advise?

Cheers
    Lina

Default Re: BB now sleeping in 4-6 hours

babies are naturally nocturnal. My dr advised me to try and wake my ds during daylight hours to play. So this means at 4 weeks, a bath- maybe some toe tickling, and clothes changing. They have to learn when to rest.
    Also, I know your baby sleeps near you in your room, but some babies just need to be closer to their mama to feel safe enough to sleep.
    And how is the supplimenting comming? More nursing could be good for the both of you.
    Are you getting any sleep at all?

Default Re: BB now sleeping in 4-6 hours

Hi there,

I am having a similar problem. My little one seems to have days where she will sleep for long periods and then days where she will not sleep at all and by the time she actually feels tired it is time for another feed and the cycle starts all over again.

I am not getting much sleep and so have started pumping in order to try and feed her quicker at night in order to get a little more nap time! I am not too sure if this is the right thing to do but it seems to be working.

Last night I did not sleep at all and it is beginning to show!

Good luck and please pass on any advise...