Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you and your LO have a special song

Default Re: Do you and your LO have a special song

American Pie (Don McLean). I sang that to her all the time when she was a newborn. It just goes on and on...
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

My lo love "Fields of Gold" by Sting

Kesiah stops in her tracks to listen to Concerto 6 & 7 by Handel. It's her jam, yo.

She also loves dancing to US3 (remember them?) and calms right down with Mazzy Star.

As far as us singing to her, DH loves "The Sound of Music" so we sing her Eidelweiss as a lullaby (and I had to learn all the words to "Favorite Things" and "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" and every other frikkin' song) and I sometimes sing her Summertime. And she thinks the ABC song is some kind of hilarious joke. She's a nut.

Quote Originally Posted by nutria View Post
    well, DD1 was God is so Good and DS1 adn DD2 were/are you are my sunshine. Which is sad and my kids feel sad even now when we sing it because we can't be together, but they feel like its a good sad about how much you can love someone.

DS2 (5.5 mos.) has from the first time he heard it, immediately stopped everything to listen to a sort of jazz version of "I love you Just the way you Are" (Track 7 on some CD someone gave us. He used to scream all the time in his carseat, still does some times, and he STOPS silent if we can quick get track 7 in. He also loves Johnny Cash and his nighttime CD of Lullabyes that I sing along with.

Now, whoever mentioned John Denver Follow Me has me humming it!

Jeanne
    that was ME! and I can't believe someone else knows it! it's so old school! LO *loves* John Denver ... we sing "Sunshine on My Shoulders" and "Follow Me" and "Annie's Song" and he *loves* to be bounced while we sing "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" ... I love the music because I remember hearing it when I was growing up and it brings back great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by brubio View Post
    that can comfort them when they are upset. I was just curious because whenever my DD is upset and crying her little head off I sing her the ABC's and it works like magic. She will stop crying. And I love it when I am nursing and she is fussy at the breast and I sing that song and she will suckel and smile and suckel and smile. It is such a great experience! Just curious if yall had a special song

The exact same song worked for my niece and for my nephew it was twinkle twinkle little star
    Old MacDonald had a farm, "Eli Eli Ooooo" (son's name is Eli)

For us it is Baby Beluga by Raffi. DH sang it to her since she was just tiny and now it always calms her down. Many times DH and I are in the car singing that song over and over. If we stop, she cries, so we just loop it. She loves that song.
    -Alicia
    Mommy to Cadence (5/19/06) and Tessa (4/25/09)

Royals from Lorde
    It was one day she was crying so hard and suddenly stopped when hearing the BGM of www.live4mmo.com
    So I downloaded this song and play it every time she cry.