Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you and your LO have a special song

Default Re: Do you and your LO have a special song

I sing so many songs to DS that it's hard to pick a special one. But I do have a song that I sing to him and my girls that I made up. It's called I love you, and it's to the Lullabye tune. I have been singing it to the girls since they were babies and still do every night at bedtime. So I think it will be a part of DS's bedtime routine as well.

Peter LOVES Johnny Cash. We play it to him all the time, and the other day we put in the movie, Walk the Line, and he loved that too! We actually were able to sit through the whole movie together and were both equally entertained! Not really child appropriate, but who cares, right?

My husband sings him some weird somg about Henry the 8th, and the widow next door which he loves too. Must be an American thing - we didn't have that in Australia!

Ye good ol' Twinkle Twinkle Little Star always does the trick!

"Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wife to my wonderful Simon
    Parenting my sweet Noah born 5.2.06 from the heart

http://www.normalizebreastfeeding.com

I sing "The First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes to Addie. Also, "Baby Mine" from Dumbo. And "Little One" by Elliott Smith.

DH sings "Little Miss Magic" by Jimmy Buffet (whom I can't stand, but the song is sweet) and "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

My songs for DS are:
    "Not Fire Not Ice" by Ben Harper
    I started singing this to him in the womb. He wants me to sing it almost every night.
    "Zion" by Lauryn Hill, but I substitute "Jackson" (of course)
    DS LOVES the Beatles and all the songs from the movie "Lion King." A funny one that he likes is "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson.

DD has to put up with hearing DS's faves most of the time, but two that seem to calm her are "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill (it reminds me of her because we're always up in the middle of the night together!) and "Hands" by Jewel.

Both of my LOs have always liked "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "You Are My Sunshine."
    Last edited by mollyb; December 13th, 2006 at 01:47 PM.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Oh, and I forgot, for some reason all of us have been singing "Livin' on a Prayer" around the house lately.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Our song is "You Are My Sunshine". Aidens' face just lights up. I especially love when I have to wake him up from a nap, I softly sing it to him and he'll smile in his sleep.

Love every minute of it!
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

I doubt many will know this one but, I sing "Follow Me" by John Denver and LO loves it .... I couldnt carry a tune if I had a wheel barrow but ... LO falls fast asleep! anything by Sade soothes him too!

ABCs and Apples and Bananas are our songs. They work like magic every time!

We love "Jesus Loves Me" her little eyes just start shinning.....its a hit everytime....and any Nora Jones.....I play her cd and my lo just starts chatting away...
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones