Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you and your LO have a special song

Wink Do you and your LO have a special song

that can comfort them when they are upset. I was just curious because whenever my DD is upset and crying her little head off I sing her the ABC's and it works like magic. She will stop crying. And I love it when I am nursing and she is fussy at the breast and I sing that song and she will suckel and smile and suckel and smile. It is such a great experience! Just curious if yall had a special song

The exact same song worked for my niece and for my nephew it was twinkle twinkle little star

Default Re: Do you and your LO have a special song

You Are My Sun Shine always worked for both of my boys. When my first was crying his little head off that was the only song I could think of and now with my second he will sing it with me. Its so cute because he sings it loud and off key, but if I sing it softly so will he.

Anne

Dd1 - Mary Had a Little Lamb
    Dd2 - Amazing Grace
    Twins- You Are My Sunshine

The first 2 have to do with the child's name

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

The Itsy, Bitsy Spider works great with my 6 mo old DS. And now I do the hand movements to it...he loves it!

marie1965 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I sing Rock A Bye Baby... but with these words:

Riley's so special,
    Riley's so sweet,
    Now it is time
    For Riley to sleep.

Close your eyes, dear,
    Close them up tight,
    It's time for Riley
    To go night-night.

(cuz I'm not partial to the crashing cradle lyrics)

if I hum or sing that song, she usually stops crying or will smile if she wasn't crying... the other one to calm her down is to hum the tune to

(ready?)

The Chicken Dance!

Have no idea why that one works.

We acutually do KT Tunstall's "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree".
    Something about the no, no, you're not the one for me! really gets him smiling.

'Black Bird' by the beatles. When I was a LO myself, My mother used to sing 'Yesterday' to us while we were bfing.

My oldest loved the song from Tarzan (the cartoon version) that the mother sings to the little boy, I played it to my belly when I was pregnant and it stuck for a long time, since he was about 1 1/2 he's always reckognized the Dixie Chicks song Godspeed. I LOVE that song, the first time I heard it I cried.
    My middle child loves rock-a-bye baby, but we play with the song and not just sing it, I pick him up and hold him like a baby and when the cradle rocks, I rock him, when the cradle falls I pretend like he's going to drop...he just laughs so hard it's cute.
    Allyson doesn't really have a song yet but I was watching a movie and the Nora Jones song Come Away came on and she got quiet.

With all three of them I can put on James Taylor and they're out like a light in 20 minutes, my mom used to do the same thing, so even now as an adult if I have insomnia I can put on my James Taylor's greatest hits CD and within an hour or so I'm snoring.

DD is twinkle twinkle little star and I love you (the one from Barney)
    DS does not have one yet

DS likes Swing Low, Sweet Chariot or Amazing Grace. I also do The Queen and the Soldier by Suzanne Vega (because it's long), and he likes that one, too... thankfully, he can't understand the words. ;-)