Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feels liie a milk blister but dont see anything

Default Feels like a milk blister but dont see anything

Hi, I have what feels like a milk blister, but I dont see anything. I am prone to mastitis and milk blisters so I know what a milk blister feels like and looks like. But this time it is different...

I have pain only when latching, but the rest of the session is pain free. Its weird though because 1) I dont see a milk blister. Nothing to remove. The area does feels sensitive when I touch it. 2) I have pain after the session for an hour or so. Shooting pains in that breast.

What is it and what can I do? In case it matters, my daughter is almost 11 months, not a newborn or anything.
    Last edited by @llli*carmenoct24; September 9th, 2017 at 06:17 AM.

Default Re: Feels liie a milk blister but dont see anything

Ok. I just fed her again. An hour later and the shooting pain stopped. I feel like it stopped because I fed her not because an hour had passed. Maybe I need to feed longer??? I do feed her frequently. At least every hours. Whenever she wants on the weekends. During the week we have a scheduke because I work.

I feel like it stopped because I fed her not because an hour had passed.
    I am not sure what you are saying- she nursed again and nursing ended the pain?

I was going to suggest consider thrush and/or vasospasm. It is possible baby nursing again would help with vasospasm because the warmth of baby's mouth would help stop the pain of vasospasm. Not sure how it would help if it the issue is thrush. Also this is only one side?

But if you mean longer or more frequent feeding seems to be helping overall, then maybe there is a little plug in there close to or just under the nipple but not on the nipple surface, and it feels worse the more milk is backed up?
    Last edited by @llli*maddieb; September 9th, 2017 at 07:27 PM.

Yes. Pain went away when I nursed. The last few days I havent had the shooting pains at all. It seemed like maybe the bleb surfaced I pricked it with a sterilized needle. It still hurts but it always continues to hurt for a week or so after I ope them. Of course I may have just pricked my nipple randomly thinking the bleb surfaced and that wasnt it.

Anyway, I will post if somwthing changes. Thanks for your help!

Ok keep us updated.