Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 15 week old smashing face into breast

Default 15 week old smashing face into breast

For the past week or two my baby has been doing something new: While nursing, he'll often start mashing his face into the breast, turning his head, pulling back, or just generally thrashing around, all while still latched! It's not all the time or during every feeding, but it's pretty frequent now. I haven't picked up any common denominator for when he's doing this except that it doesn't happen at all during the late night feedings. I've read babies can become distractible around 3 or 4 months, but I guess smashing his face into my boobs doesn't quite read as "distracted" to me. Any idea what's going on here? I'm not concerned at all, more just curious what's going through his little baby mind.

Default Re: 15 week old smashing face into breast

I think he's probably just testing his limits - like 'hey, what happens if I do this?' As long as it's not hurting you or really affecting feedings, it's probably just one of those weird things that babies/kids do. There are many things that are probably going to make you in the coming years!