Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Triple Chocolate Cookies

Default Triple Chocolate Cookies

So, I just had 2 decent size chocolate cookies from Panera this morning, normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but today I felt nauseous after eating them, I've been craving chocolate for some time now and eat brownies and chocolate chip cookies at times and I've been just fine. So I got really paranoid because I never have 2 triple chocolate cookies at once, but I couldn't resist. I checked online the affects of chocolate and breastfeeding and now I'm worried I'm hurting my baby, is there something I can do now to flush out the chocolate from my system, I know that sounds dumb but I've been drinking tons of water before her next feeding. She's 11 weeks old, has normal bowel movements, sleeps great at night anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, during the day its alittle more difficult she sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, she is fussy at times but I always just figured it was because she was sleep deprived, she can go 2 hours without sleep. Help please!

Default Re: Triple Chocolate Cookies

Where did you read it could hurt your baby if you eat chocolate when breastfeeding? This is nonsense. You would have to eat massive amounts of much more pure chocolate than you would find in any baked good at Panera bread for this to possibly be any issue. You may have given yourself a tummy ache, but your breastmilk is fine. Relax.
    She's 11 weeks old, has normal bowel movements, sleeps great at night anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, during the day its a little more difficult she sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, she is fussy at times but I always just figured it was because she was sleep deprived, she can go 2 hours without sleep. Help please!
    This all sounds normal. Typically a baby would be nursing about 8-12 times in 24 hours at this age although baby nursing more often would not signal any problem. As long as this is happening and you are comfortable when nursing and baby is gaining normally all is well. Babies fuss, also they change nursing patterns and sleep patterns regularly. That is all normal.

Thank you so much for your reply, I second guess everything and worry way too much (ftm) so your response gives me comfort! Again, Thank you!!

Normal to worry too

I totally came in here looking for a lactation recipe for Triple Chocolate cookies.

Way too lazy for formula

Lol, yeah, triple chocolate lactation cookies sound yummy!

Beware any advice that tells you that some food is "bad for breastfeeding". Humans are evolved to thrive on diverse diets, and if you take a cross-cultural look at dietary prohibitions for nursing women, there is no consistency. One culture will forbid a food, another will say it's the best thing a nursing mom can eat!