My daughter, my almost three year old (2 years and 10 & 1/2 months old), has just been finally and officially been diagnosed with a very restricted tongue tie and a less restricted lip tie. My husband and I suspected this since 9 months old, but it was brushed aside by all I mentioned it to. It explains a lot of the plugged ducts, mastitis, thrush, not to mention the years of sleep deprivation I've endured. Of course, my daughter has nasty symptoms too from it, tooth decay, speech troubles, need to nurse frequently, etc. etc.

Anyway, how could a tongue tie revision and a lip revision affect a nursing almost three year old? She nurses very frequently, at least six times a day or more, before naps and bedtime. We bedshare. Will she just stop nursing due to pain?

All of this feels like a lot right now for me due to the trauma of losing our second child due to miscarriage on January 14, 2017 at 13 weeks gestation. Our three year old would either need to be put under anesthesia for this (which is most likely what will occur ansd I am dreading), be awake with no numbing or pain agent at all when it is done, or we have to wait until she is 5 to be able to use a local anesthetic. Then, she will need, I believe, 6 weeks of massaging her mouth 6 times per day every four hours to keep adhesions at bay, which, due to Dad working nights, will be on me to accomplish. She already doesn't let me get into her mouth and has been testier than she has been in her life lately.

Thank you so much for your help!!!