La Leche League Leaders are available to provide one-on-one help with your breastfeeding questions and concerns.
LLL Leaders are volunteers—experienced mothers who have nursed their babies for a year or more and have been trained in breastfeeding counseling and the normal course of breastfeeding—whose mission is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support.
One-on-One Breastfeeding Help from LLL
There are several ways to reach an LLL Leader for help with breastfeeding:
- Call an LLL Leader near you. You can find the phone numbers of local LLL Leaders through the LLLI Group Index.
- Attend an LLL meeting. You can get in-person help from LLL Leaders and suggestions from other moms like you at LLL meetings. Meeting times and locations can be found through the LLLI Group Index.
- Submit an Online Help Form. If you prefer online help, you can submit a question using our online Help Form. Your question will be assigned to an LLL Leader who will respond within a few days.
LLLI Online Breastfeeding Resources
La Leche League International offers several online sources of information and support:
- LLLI Breastfeeding Answers Page — FAQs and articles on a wide variety of breastfeeding topics.
- Online Help Forms — Online form for asking breastfeeding questions. Your question will be assigned to an LLL Leader who will respond within a few days.
- LLLI Mother-to-Mother Breastfeeding Support Facebook Group — Closed Facebook group focused on helping individual mothers with their breastfeeding questions and concerns. New posts are moderated, and all posts receive responses from accredited La Leche League Leaders.
Breastfeeding Help Beyond LLL
If you have a complicated breastfeeding situation or feel you need professional assistance, you can find a board-certified lactation consultant (IBCLC) near you through the International Lactation Consultant Association’s directory.