Issue 38, December 2016
La Leche League Support in Parenting
- SIDS and Colic: the Biological Origins (a research hypothesis)
- Choosing a Breast Pump: How to pick the one for you
- Pumping Tips for Breastfeeding Mothers to Express their Milk
- Creative Mothers of Invention
- Six Tips for Balancing Breastfeeding with Parenting
- Breastfeeding Communication and Calories
- Ayu’s Postcards: 6oth Anniversary World Tour
- Ballet, Babies, and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding in Pakistan
- Pumping for My Injured Baby
- Breastfeeding a Foster Baby
- Ten Concepts: Starting Solids
- A Good Birth and Recovery after Addiction
- Young Mom Role Model
Mom to Mom:
Two features from award winning author Robyn Roche-Paull help mother choose the best breast pump for their particular situation and provide tips on using pumps if they are going to express their own milk.
Professor James J. McKenna, who is known worldwide for his work in promoting studies of breastfeeding and mother-infant cosleeping, shares a new research hypothesis relating to the biological origins of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and colic, in part one of a two-part series for Breastfeeding Today.
Author Alice Allan looks at how motherhood triggers feminine creativity and how women sustain their energy for self-expression while mothering children.
Serena Morris shares her six tips for balancing breastfeeding with parenting. Kelly Durbin reflects how breastfeeding is a complex communication system. And a little doll travels the globe to celebrate 60 years of LLLI.
Mothers' wisdom runs through everything we publish, from referenced features and reflections, your letters, food posts and stories. Our stories are an essential part of our identity as mothers. Telling our stories helps us define ourselves, while our experiences can resonate to provide a very special kind of support to another mother who may be going through something similar. Please share your tales with us on Breastfeeding Today. Read our submission guidelines here.
Write to me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Barbara Higham is the managing editor of Breastfeeding Today. She has been a La Leche League Leader since 2004 and lives in the spa town of Ilkley, West Yorkshire, in the north of England. She and Simon have three children, Felix (18) who has just left home for university, Edgar (15), and Amelia (11).