Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bottle and breastfeeding

Default Bottle and breastfeeding

So I've been back to work for quite some time now maybe a month. Been pumping and my girl gets bottle fed when I'm working. I do work full time. Then when I'm home with her I breastfeed her. She used the tommee tippee slow flow bottle and so far going between the two has been fine. However yesterday after being home and bottle fed with my husband she had a long 3 hour nap so it had been some time since she ate- like 6 hours I think so I knew she had to be hungry! Immediately when I put her down to feed her she was pulling back didn't even latxh and was just upset! Like she didn't wanna eat. Tried again same thing. Tried the bottle and she guzzled it!!
    She ate just fine the night before with me. Could she be preferring the bottle now do you think?? I tried feeding her during her nightly feeding and same thing. But as my husband was getting a bottle I got her to eat but w her sitting more upright- which I tried earlier too. Then her second night feeding she ate just fine but again kept her more upright just bc I was afraid to try and lay her sideways! (Didn't have my pump at home lol).

Anyone experience anything like this? She has had a cold/cough bht seemed better yesterday. Also wasn't sure if she's been teething. Idk if any of these may affect feedings ? She's been slightly more fussy and drooling a lot and wanting to chew everything. Maybe she's just being temperamental? Idk but I felt so bad! She was getting so upset. That's why the first time I just said ok get a bottle bc I knew she had to be hungry!

Default Re: Bottle and breastfeeding

Oh and today she's at daycare so I'll be seeing how she is after work today :/ but atleast her njght feedings she took. Her second one without even fighting so maybe she just is getting more used to the bottle? Idk but I hope I can keep bfing her too it's just easier then pumping at home too! However if this is the case and she's preferring the bottle all the sudden I will keep
    Pumping so she gets breastmklk but I hope she is just being temperamental lol