Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-month-old eats only 15-20 ounces, not gaining weight

Default Re: 5-month-old eats only 15-20 ounces, not gaining weight

I hear you . .I cut out dairy last week because of a little eczema , poor sleeping and something else I'm too tired to remember right now eta : just remembered it was constant congestion.. . I was surprised her skin started clearing by day 3 . I'm glad it is , but we are a big cheese family . Fortunately , it looks like most babies outgrow intolerance by 6 or 12 months . And yes, the Thanksgiving dinner I already mostly cooked and froze contains dairy so I'm having turkey and sweet potatoes tomorrow . ..oh well , baby weight has to go sometime anyway in my case. I wish you the best I figuring out the problem .

I just wanted to follow up on my post in case people who are searching for answers to similar problems come across this post and wonder what happened. Unfortunately, I don't really have an answer for what happened. However, I am happy to report that about 1.5 months ago, right after my last post, she out of the blue started eating without fussing. It was literally all of a sudden. She would nurse whenever I offered, and she even started fussing to nurse. She actually wanted to nurse! I didn't change my diet (was waiting until post-Thanksgiving), didn't start pumping, nothing. The only thing that changed was that I gave her a few solids in the days leading up to it, but I highly doubt that's related.

Despite this eagerness to nurse, she has lost some percentiles on the weight growth chart. At 30 weeks she's 14 pounds, 14 ounces, which is the 16th percentile. She started crawling right before 6 months (!!!) and the pediatrician and I think this has something to do with the lost weight percentiles. He's not concerned but wants us to continue to monitor her weight.

I wish you all well in your nursing journeys!

hi, I was wondering how your baby is doing? My dd is the same exact way. It seems like she hates or just isn't interested in eating she is almost 6 months and doesn't take the bottle and HATES puréed food!