Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do you double pump at work?

Default How do you double pump at work?

Alright ladies, I have a question for you.

How do you double pump while at work? I usually pump one at a time for two reasons:
    1. those hands free pumping 'bras' look more like horrid stretchy torture devices (I work in the fashion industry and the squashed boob look is not in style right now) and,
    2. I really have to milk my breasts to get anything out in a reasonable amount of time.

However, I have a hard time getting my right breast to drain. I think I could get more milk if both boobs let-down at the same time, but how do I do it without one of those awful zip front, hands free pumping boob bandages?

Default Re: How do you double pump at work?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tkanten View Post
    Alright ladies, I have a question for you.

How do you double pump while at work? I usually pump one at a time for two reasons:
    1. those hands free pumping 'bras' look more like horrid stretchy torture devices (I work in the fashion industry and the squashed boob look is not in style right now) and,
    2. I really have to milk my breasts to get anything out in a reasonable amount of time.

However, I have a hard time getting my right breast to drain. I think I could get more milk if both boobs let-down at the same time, but how do I do it without one of those awful zip front, hands free pumping boob bandages?
    There are other pumping bras out the there-I can't remember the brands, but you could check on Amazon or something similar-but the pumping bras you are talking about essentially require you to take off your normal bra and top. Yes, they are a pain, and I actually ended up preferring one with Velcro, as it was adjustable in a way the zip front ones are not. That being said, I didn't love any of them.

At times-& maybe not everyone can do this-I used the bra I was wearing as a holder for the pump piece and double pumped that way. However, bear in mind that this doesn't hold well and shifting while pumping can dislodge everything.

I don't think anything about pumping is glamorous or fashionable. Maybe we need the fashion industry to tackle this problem!
    & working mom of one sweet baby girl