Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Relactation experience and advice

Default Relactation experience and advice

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I am in the process of relactating. Today is Day 20 and I am still getting just two drops. They dont even come out if I use my pump, only when I hand express. This is what I do on a daily basis:
    Use SNS 5 times during the day
    Pumping 5 times including once at 3 am for 20min each time using Spectra double pump, S1, it is supposed to be hospital grade. I cannot tell the difference anyway.
    Hand express every now and then for 2-3min whenever I have time.

I just want to know if anyone has successfully relactated and whether I am on the right track. My baby is 2 months old and I stopped breastfeeding because of his tongue tie issue and I developed abscess which made me very ill. I have had his tongue tie revised a month ago intending to give it a second try.

It is just that I am not sure if I will see light at the end of the tunnel and am starting to feel a bit disappointed.

Default Re: Relactation experience and advice

Hi I'm also new to this forum. Good luck. The more I pump, less milk or no milk comes out at all. I've been taking fenugreek and mothers milk tea and my prenatal vitamins x 4 days. Today I'm pumping every 2 hours. Kinda frustrating. But I know it's just the beginning. The sns is very difficult for me to use my baby is 6 months and pulls at everything.

Just to update, having up my SNS to all feeds, 8 times a day, dom peridone and also lotsa hand expression, I now produce about 4oz a day. This is based on my baby'sreduction in formula intake. I am pleased that thwre is progress. This is already my fifth week of relactation, so it is extremely slow. I wonder how everyone else is doing and if you have any advice to increase milk supply at this stage? I would really like to exclusively breastfeed my baby. He will be 3 months old in 2 weeks.

Hi everyone, was making good progress by reducing 1oz off every feed but my baby was suddenly very hungry again. So I started giving full 3oz feed again using the SNS. I wonder if it is his 3 months growth spurt because he is devouring all the formula and my breastmilk with no leftovers. I am sure I am producing a few oz everyday although not a lot. But today there is finally leftover of 10ml in two feeds, so I will start by reducing every feed by 10ml again. Does anyone have any idea how to go about this? How do I track and how much to reduce for how many days?