Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When do you Stop Visiting Daycare

Default When do you Stop Visiting Daycare

So with my first babe, she didn't start daycare until 18 months old and at that time, visiting was never an option. I pumped for her a little to help the transition, but stopped after about a month. She's 4 years old now and still loves her mommy milky, despite my growing resistance.

This question isn't about her though. Little sister is now 9 months old and has been in a daycare that is around the corner since 6 months. I get to visit her every day for some milky time in addition to pumping. At this school, the kids stay in a nursery room that is divided into little babies and early toddlers until they are 18 months old. I'm definitely planning to keep visiting until my baby is in the early toddlers class, and I'm definitely going to stop visiting when she is in the 18+ months class. I'm not sure when to actually make the transition to stopping my visits and when to stop sending her with pumped milk. I have a bit of pull in the school so I can push a little for what I need/want.

When did you all 1) stop visiting for milky time? and 2) stop pumping for daycare?

Thanks in Advance

Default Re: When do you Stop Visiting Daycare

When did you all 1) stop visiting for milky time? and 2) stop pumping for daycare?

Thanks in Advance
    I never did visit my daughter at daycare-I work an hour away-but I stopped pumping and sending milk shortly after she turned 1. I guess the question is twofold for both: is pumping something you want to continue and are able to do, and the same for visiting.

I picked 1 year bc the standard recommendation of the APA is to nurse for 1 year, but we're still nursing at 22 months. I was ready to be done with pumping and haven't pumped since. The nursing didn't bother me, but the pumping did.

What do you need and want to do?
    & working mom of one sweet baby girl